Important Delivery Information
The customer must be made aware of the following;
- Customers should be made aware that the product is a self-assembly item and will be delivered flat packed, shrink wrapped on a pallet. Instructions for assembly will be enclosed with the products along with fixtures and fittings.
- There must be access for a 7.5T Lorry approx. 3.6m H / 2.3m Width / 7.9m Length (i.e. the size of a bin lorry or fire engine) to reach the property and unload.
- The delivery is a kerb-side delivery and the smallest vehicle available is a 7.5T wagon, if this is unable to access the property further delivery charges may be applied, you will be notified of this prior to the goods being dispatched.
- Confirmation is required that the customer understands that the delivery to their property will be made to the nearest point that is adjacent to the roadway and clear of obstruction. Carriers will not move product around or through the property.
- The Garden Village or carrier will contact the customer by telephone prior to delivery to confirm details and agree a suitable delivery date.
- Delivery times are made weekdays between 8AM and 6PM however this can vary dependent upon unforeseen circumstances. No exact time of day can be given.
- All dates quoted for either delivery or contact are approximate The Garden Village will not accept any liability for any delay in delivery for any reason.
- All deliveries are within the UK.
- Customers must be available to check and sign for the delivery except when The Garden Village have received confirmation from the customer that the item can be left without a signature.
- Delivery lead-times are provided in working days (Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays)
- Estimated delivery lead-times commence from point of receipt of order on a working day. In the case of orders placed after 12 noon the lead-time will commence from the next working day. During exceptionally busy periods or in remote outlying areas lead times maybe exceeded. In such circumstances we will ensure that customers are kept informed.
- Please ensure that goods are checked on arrival, please sign for goods as "damaged" if the item appears damaged or opened in any way. Damaged or missing items must be reported within 7 days of receipt of goods to email@example.com enclosing photographs of damage.
- If the customer is having the store installed independently it is advisable to wait until they have been notified of their delivery date. We also recommend that on receipt of goods the customer is thoroughly satisfied that the order has been delivered in full prior to booking or commencing with the installation work.
- Should an order be delayed for whatever reason the company will not issue compensation and any outstanding balances owed by the customer must still be paid in full. Where an estimated delivery lead-time extends beyond that published the customer may cancel their order without penalty.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to provide unobstructed access for the delivery to take place. Any failed or returned deliveries may result in additional charges being passed to the customer.
- Any discrepancies with deliveries must be notified to either The Garden Village Ltd by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01254 814343.
If the delivery fails due to the criteria set above not being met, inaccurate customer details or the buyer fails to take delivery (except in circumstances where it is beyond the buyers reasonable control or it is the fault of The Garden Village). The Garden Village reserve the right to:
- Charge reasonable cost of storage and re-delivery once the reason for the initial failure has been rectified.
- Or resell the goods at market value and charge the original buyer any expenses occurred in the storage or reselling. Should the item resell at below the market value, any shortfall will be charged to the original buyer.